Saturday

FORTY-NINE : MOZZARELLA, TOMATO & RED PEPPER SANDWICH

OCTOBER 8 2011

With my supply of big, beefy garden tomatoes dwindling rapidly, I was anxious to make this recipe. It's the last one that really hinges on having fresh, delicious tomatoes.

This sandwich layers up tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, sliced red pepper and arugula into a behemoth of a bite. But the biggest surprise is that it has absolutely no condiments or seasoning. I am not instructed to salt & pepper the tomatoes (a shame, really) and for once there isn't a thick spread of mayo. I kinda wish one of those were included. I mean, it is a really good sandwich but it could have used a little zip... maybe balsamic vinegar or a sprinkle of black pepper. I can't really complain though with my amazing Mortgage Lifter heirlooms front and center :)

mozzarella, tomato & red pepper sandwich

the perfect cross-section of flavor. yummmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics