Sunday

TWENTY-FIVE : GRILLED VEGETABLES

JULY 17 2011

This one is pretty much just like it sounds... slice some veggies and grill them. And it's sooooo good!! In the summer, I regularly toss veggies with olive oil and throw them on the grill until lightly charred. It's the best solution I've found for my annual zucchini overload. So I barely felt like I was following a recipe at all. 

But follow it I did. I tossed 2 sliced eggplants, 2 sliced zucchini, 1 sliced red onion and 2 quartered bell peppers with minced garlic, salt and... wait for it... 1 cup of olive oil (!!).




Then grilled them until "tender but not at all mushy". The recipe is written for a charcoal grill but I have a gas grill so I didn't let them cook for 45 minutes as suggested (talk about charcoal!). They probably cooked about 20 minutes with one flip and were perfect! 



Once cooked, I threw everything back into the bowl with the residual garlicky olive oil, tossed it together and served. And loved every bite! The eggplant was silky soft with a bit of a bite. The zucchini (from my garden!!) had a great snap but were nice and tender. The bell peppers were sweet, yet still crunchy. And the onion, oh the onion, was blackened along the edges and caramelized into deliciousness... oh yeah. You should totally do this!

Summer veggies love the grill!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics